Tuesday, November 24, 2015

First Snowfall

Overnight we had our first noticeable snowfall of the season. It wasn't much, maybe a cm. or so. Can't compare with what other areas of Ontario have received but this was our first covering of the white stuff. I went swimming this morning and it was very slippery walking to the pool. Under the trees the sidewalks and streets were OK but in the open areas there was a lot of black ice. (Later I heard that there had been a lot of fender benders this morning.) I had to walk carefully. By the time I got to the pool my back, neck and shoulder muscles were all tight and it took a lot of the swim and some stretching to loosen them up again. By the time I walked home the black ice had melted and it was no longer slippery. When I got home I took these photos to show what was left.

First Snowfall here

And in the backyard
Last week I reported on Alida's birthday on Wednesday. On Saturday I was invited for a brunch at Jeff & Alida's as we continued her birthday celebration with Mark, Rosemary and Hannah. Hannah is learning the Happy Birthday song and sings along somewhat. This week Alida took Logan along to Calgary to visit some of her friends there. Pretty cold there today, high of -6. Sunny and warming up at the week progresses. It's been almost 8 years since she left Calgary to spend more than 3 years in Australia. Now Alida's been back in Toronto for 4 and a half years. We're glad she came back.

No comments: