Sunday, November 8, 2015

Different Saturday Visitors

This past Saturday I had different visitors than usual. Rather than having Henry and the boys over Mark and Hannah came over. Hannah was dressed in a pink shirt with a lacy skirt over some blank pants. She loves the colour pink and she is currently learning some of the colours. She knows pink, yellow and blue. She also asked to go downstairs to play right away. And she plays differently than the boys. The boys are constantly bugging each other while playing; they are definitely rivals. Hannah is able to play by herself a lot more easily. She likes to play with pegs and the peg board and shows some fine finger agility in this game. She also knows what it means to clean up from the daycare she attends. The boys know too but it's harder to get them to do it. Here are a few shots of her playing in the basement playroom. The sun was shining brightly through the window so most of the shots were over-exposed.

Hannah in her lacy skirt playing with the pegs

Hannah loves pink things
After playtime we went for a walk in the sun down to the cemetery to Ellie's grave site. We were there at about 11 am and there was a Remembrance Day ceremony at the war memorial close by. I was surprised that there was one on the Saturday. We were at the grave site for a few minutes, had a good cry and some hugs before we left for home. At home we shared some stew that Mark had brought for lunch. After lunch Mark and Hannah left for home. It was great that they came to spend some time with me. I really enjoyed it.

Mark & Hannah enjoying lunch
In the evening I rode with some friends, Fred and Susanne to the Lighthouse Fundraising Dinner held at the Toronto District Christian High School. I hadn't been at the school since last year. What change from being there regularly when our kids attended a number of years ago. The school looks great and brings back a lot of memories. The Dinner was attended by over 100 people, many of whom I know. It was a good evening with several people relating stories of how the Lighthouse ministries and staff have helped them. I trust that the evening was financially profitable for God's work at the Lighthouse.
The Lighthouse holds a special place in our hearts as this is where Ellie and I spent a lot of time working in the programs when we were dating; Ellie was on staff there when we met and I helped with the Boys' club. I even proposed to her at the Lighthouse. And over the years we stayed involved in different roles from Willowdale as we were able.

Thank you to the friends and family who have made some comments especially concerning the different aspects of grieving that I experience day in and out. I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Deeviant142 said...

So fun to hear of your activities and experiences, and the grandkids pictures too! What a nice event to go to with many Lighthouse friends, too. We hope you are continuing to be supported by God's grace, family and friends... We hope to see you in the new year...