Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Warm November

On Thursday afternoon Melanie and Alida and Logan came by to go through Ellie's clothes. Rosemary was coming too but got a last-minute supply job. It was not easy to go through Ellie's clothes but it got done. Both Melanie and Alida selected a number of items and set aside some that they thought Rosemary might like. A bag of clothes was designated for the garbage and the rest ( about 4 bags worth will be given to one of the organizations that pick up clothes (Diabetes Society or Cerebral Palsy). Then Logan was put down for a nap and we had some treats that Melanie brought. After Logan's nap, Alida fed him and Melanie and I cleaned up. Then the girls went home. They will come again some time to look through Ellie's jewelry. There isn't anything valuable but I won't be wearing it; so the girls might as well pick out what they like. I took a few pictures; here is one of them:

Alida and Logan after his nap with Melanie in the background 

With all the warm weather we've experienced the garden still has some flowers left even in mid-November. We have still not had a solid freeze. We have had a lot of windy weather and now the trees no longer have any leaves. The following pictures show some of the blossoms there are still around.

Pansies in the barrel on the deck


Roses

The last bunch of Black-eyed Susans

Chinese Lanterns

On Saturday morning Henry, Oscar and Charlie came over again to play for a little while. Then we all headed over to the Willowdale Christian School for the Fall Bazaar. There we had a snack. Henry and I had a coffee and some delicious cherry cheese cake. The boys eyes feasted on a couple of cup cakes which they quickly disposed of. We talked to a few people and then Henry took the boys to get their faces painted. However, the lineup was too long for the boys to wait so he took them into the rummage sale room where Oscar ended up with a cloth bat and Charlie got a puppet. then they headed on home and I stayed there for more food and talk. That was a different experience to have with the boys. They experienced the busyness of a bazaar and saw the school that their Dad attended.

This afternoon we had 14 degrees and warm sunshine so I went for a long walk in the woods nearby and in the park by Sheppard and Bathurst. This week I will empty the eaves trough of leaves and run the lawn mower over the leaves on the lawn for mulch. I still have a little to do in the gardens and then all will be ready for the winter weather that is sure to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that going through the clothes was a difficult job emotionally. Nice that they could do it together - makes it easier and not quite as overwhelming. So glad you have family around you.
Anneke